Review the manufacturer's recommended care and maintenance for your stone below.
- A multipurpose spray cleaner, which removes soap scum, hard water deposits and mildew, designed for everyday use, can be used on wall tile areas in residential baths and showers.
- Grout needs to be cleaned on a periodic basis to remove any surface buildup. Routine grout cleaning can be done with a daily concentrated household or commercial cleaner depending on the application.
- A stone floor finish should be applied to a polished natural stone floor only. This type of product will help enhance the shine and provide a protective coating for "soft" or polished marbles.
Getting the Most Out of Your Daltile Product
No one knows how to better care for Daltile products than Daltile. With proper care and maintenance, you’ll enjoy years of inherent beauty and optimum performance. See below for information on how to care for and maintain specific Daltile products.
MetroQuartz is an extremely low maintenance surface that is not easily damaged. Following a few simple instructions will keep your countertop looking like new for many years to come.
- Use a clean cloth or sponge with mild soap and warm water for routine daily cleaning. Be sure to rinse thoroughly, as soap residue can affect the appearance of your MetroQuartz.
- For stubborn spots, use a soft cloth, sponge or a non-scratch scrub pad, and a mild, neutral PH, non-abrasive cleanser along with plenty of water to clean the surface. Care should be
taken to not scrub too hard to avoid damage to the countertop surface.
- For dried residue, a flat object such as a plastic putty knife can be used to gently scrape off the foreign material.
- Honed surfaces can show fingerprints and other signs of daily living more readily than polished surfaces, and will require more frequent maintenance.
- Honed surfaces can be cleaned as described above.
- Although MetroQuartz is extremely scratch resistant, it is not scratch proof. You should never cut or chop directly on your countertop. Always use a cutting board.
- Always use a hot pad or trivet when setting down hot objects, such as hot pans or plates.
Direct contact with extremely high heat can cause damage. Care should also be taken when using electric household appliances that may emit high heat such as crock pots, electric skillets, etc. as these can potentially damage the surface.
- Take care to avoid spilling harsh chemicals such as drain cleaners, paint strippers, oven cleaners, bleach, etc. on your MetroQuartz countertop. Any accidental spills should immediately be cleaned up and the surface rinsed thoroughly with clean water